When your car’s windows are clean, it gives your car a classy appearance. Apart from improving the way you see things while driving, overall, a clean car boosts as well your confidence. Knowing how important it is to have your car’s windows clean at all time is one thing, knowing how to achieve this appears to be the main task.
Today, many car owners still find it difficult to clean their car windows properly. The most frustrating and difficult part of this is the streaks that stay on the window after cleaning. We know how frustrating it can be, having those streaks on your car’s window after minutes of intense cleaning. You can get rid of this frustration, this can be changed/corrected without any stress.
If your car windows are dirty, there is no way you can hide it. If you drive your car every day, there is a great tendency that your car’s window will accommodate and build up dirt in little or no time.
When you take your time to clean your car windows, it leads to a big improvement in the aesthetics. It ensures you appreciate the beauty of your car more than usual.
So, if you want your car windows to look clean and attractive at all time, then there is a need to know about how best this can be achieved. The secret to having clean windows at all-time lies in the combination of the right methods and products.
The following tips would assist you with the right methods to adopt, to ensure the inside and the outside glass of your car windows are clean at all time.
How best to clean the inside glass of your car windows
- Don’t spray the glass cleaner directly on the glass, spray on a cloth instead: Instead of spraying the glass cleaner straight on the glass, do that on a cloth.
Spraying directly on the glass always leads to wastage. Even if you spray carefully, it doesn’t totally eradicate or control the issue of wastage. In the real sense, you lose half of the sprayed content to the interior components of your car, and the other half is what gets across to the window.
In addition to wastage, the chemicals contained in the cleaner is not plastic friendly. This chemical can either damage or leave a permanent mark or stain on the plastic components of the car.
For effective usage of chemical, spray on a cloth and apply on the windows instead of spraying/aiming directly at the windows.
- Make use of cloth made of microfiber: When making use of a cloth, make sure you don’t just use any cloth for the cleaning task. The recommended cloth should be the one made of microfiber.
Clothes made of microfiber are very soft and as well have dirt cleaning properties. A microfiber cloth absorbs the glass cleaner with ease. The ability to absorb the cleaner and as well wipe away all forms of dirt effectively are basic features that distinguish it from other materials.
Microfiber cloth is known as a better cleaning/wiping material over a newspaper or a paper towel. A newspaper does more harm than good to the interior of your car. If used, a newspaper messes up your hand and some interior components of your car by leaving behind ink residue.
And for the paper towel, this cleaning material doesn’t last long. It shreds in no time, which result in multiple usages of this material.
- Focus on every direction: To achieve the perfect cleaning outcome, all you have to do is simple. Ensure you do not focus on one direction. Make sure you wipe the glass from all sides and angles. When you maintain this momentum, in the end, you will end up eliminating streaks, or having fewer streaks. If you wipe in circles, there is no how you can eliminate or reduce having streaks on your window.
This shows why the up and down, and side to side cleaning movements are recommended.
How best to clean the outside glass of your car windows
- Before Cleaning, Make sure your car is neat and properly washed: when your car is neat, it makes the removal of dirt and bugs effective, easy, and fast. Before your cleaning cloth gets dirty, you would have wiped off much dirt as you can. It doesn’t matter if you get your car cleaned or washed in your garage or at a car wash. A clean car makes the cleaning of the windows easier.
- Make use of a glass cleaner: Make use of a window cleaner. This time, you spray the chemical directly on the windows, instead of spraying on a microfiber cloth as advised for the interior cleaning of the window.
When you spray directly on the windows, it helps to detach the dirt and bugs that are stuck on them which makes the cleaning task easier. Make sure you spray the window evenly.
Also, cleaning should be done one at a time. Finish with one section of the window before you move to the next.
- A microfiber cloth is the standard: Just as we had instructed earlier, make use of a microfiber cloth to remove the dirt and bugs from the windows. A microfiber cloth ensures you have a neat window free of streaks after cleaning. When cleaning the outside window, this time, make sure you use a new microfiber cloth. Under no condition should you reuse the microfiber cloth used for the interior windows.
- Cleaning/wiping should be done in a vertical, followed by horizontal movements: To get rid of streaks, make sure you wipe moving from up and down direction, followed by the side to side movement. This is the same movement procedure advised for the interior windows. This time, the only difference is the pressure required in the cleaning process.
The outdoor windows require more pressure during the cleaning of dirt and bugs when compared to interior cleaning.
Lastly, make sure you carry out this cleaning exercise when the temperature is cool. When the temperature is cool, the cleaner stays on the window until you intend to wipe/wash it off.